Friends

After some insightful thinking while sitting alone in my car in my driveway after watching Breaking Dawn and eating a waffle, I decided that I have some of the best friends a person could ask for. I hope they don't get embarrassed, but I'm about to get all mushy. That doesn't happen often...


First: Lauren Burroughs. I honestly do not know what I would do without her in my life. She knows everything there is to know about me. She deals with my annoying laugh, she lets me tell her the same story two or three times because I forgot she already heard it, she listens intently when I ramble on about stupid drama, boys, work etc., and she tells me when my hair looks terrible (which is consistently now that I cut it...regret it with everything in me) or when my outfit is looking sassy. We can share our clothes and shoes. It is a tremendous blessing. She always has perfect hair and must smell good at all times, by the way. She is also one of the most honest people I've met and she'll tell ya exactly what is on her mind. You don't even have to ask. Lauren is smart (even though she questions herself), classy, beautiful, and one of my favorite people in this world. She's also a good driver, much better than me. There is not another person in this world that I would be completely content with riding around with no where to go listening to Eric Church, Jason Aldean, and occasional Fergie when Lauren feels like rapping for me. I love her and I hope she knows it. I want her to get an apartment with me our junior year of college...still working on bribing her. I promised to keep my room clean and cook whatever and whenever she wants me to. Maybe she'll give in. I hope so. 

Next is Corey Reed. I'd trust him with my life. If I ever need anything, I go to him. He has all the answers. No matter what you need to know, whether it be about fire fighting, car engines, music, movie quotes, or the closest building to the interstate in the US, Corey will know. And I personally wouldn't have it any other way. He is a great cook. My personal favorite is grilled shrimp with mushrooms. He could also hate fruits and vegetables more than any person I've ever met. He's helped me more times than I can count and more than I believe he realizes. I know if my car battery dies at 1 in the morning he will come to the rescue...I didn't think leaving the radio on would drain my battery that quickly...my bad Corey. He is one of the good ones. And I love him for it. I get butterflies every time I hear It's Too Late To Apologize come on the radio. For those of you that don't know, this song is what will make Mr. Reed famous in the near future. He plays it on guitar and sings...then proceeds to beat the swooning girls off of him. He has a beautiful voice. Even though we always joke around and give him a hard time, he is the glue that holds us all together. He's also one of the kindest people I know. And thoughtful. Not sure who I would talk to if it wasn't for him. There's not many people I can spend hours on the phone with, and not run out of things to say. He's the man. 

Jeremiah Williams. He is last on my list for now, but certainly not least. He has a kind heart and is one of the most chill guys that I know. I've never heard him raise his voice or get upset about anything. It's almost weird, but that's just who he is. I do not know of another person that can take something so simple as "My name's Corey Reed and I _________" and make it as hysterical as he can. Jerry's just funny, and witty and charming all the time. He also smells delicious every time I've been around him. I am not exactly sure of the cologne he wears, but he uses it in a perfect ratio. Lauren and I also have a thing for his trademark Ralph Lauren or North Face half-zip sweaters. They're cute...aka the manliest thing either of us have ever seen. I don't think he realizes just how manly he truly is. He's also extremely humble about his ballin' guitar playing. He wouldn't brag himself, so I'll do it for him: He's good! And can play nearly every Erick Baker and John Mayer song perfectly. He needs to use it to his advantage. Women would faint. I love Jeremiah. He adds the calmness, humor and balance to our group. He and Corey could quote any movie they've ever watched and laugh about it for hours. I'm beginning to catch on to their clever quotes. Most are from Anchorman. 

Those were my thoughts tonight. In the car. Driving home. I know I have left so many wonderful people out, but it's 3:22 am and I have three classes tomorrow...err today. I need at least a couple hours of beauty sleep. I love the friends in my life and I thank God for them. I'm glad they're good people and positive influences. They make me happier and a better person, and I owe them big time. 

Comments

Popular Posts