Quiet Heart

“Humility is perfect quietness of heart. It is to expect nothing, to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in the Lord, where I can go in and shut the door, and kneel to my Father in secret, and am at peace as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and above is trouble.” 
― Andrew Murray

I enjoy this quote. 
I believe it is important to know the definitions of certain words before completely understand what is being said...

hu•mil•i•ty (hyuˈmɪl ɪ ti; often yu-) 

n.the quality or state of being humble; modest opinion of one's own importance or rank; meekness.

    I enjoy when my heart is quiet. No worrying about relationships, making everyone else happy, keeping myself happy, eating properly, the United States economy and deteriorating moral status, spending money I do not have, if I will ever move out of my parents' house or get married, do I really want to bring another person into this sad world?, am I too negative or naive?; no stressing over exams, school, group projects, paying my tuition or shamefully asking my parents, grad school applications, making time for my part-time job(s). I could go on... And now that I think about it, has my heart ever been quiet? I know my mind has not. 
    I do know there is trouble around me. Education is erasing faith. People demand a concrete formula for God when there is none understandable. Uncertainty is no longer accepted. Humbleness, observance, and respect is no longer expected. Some of the laws being passed by the US Federal Government are heartbreaking. Or is it the ease of which they are being passed? I know it is important to love thy neighbor and not cast judgement, but when does that just become an excuse for laziness or fear of standing up and hurting some feelings? I do not ever want to be known for forcing my religion on others, but I do want people to sense that I am different. She is one of His. She has some Spirit about her. 
    What kind of generation have I quickly become a part of? Maybe the world will get better and society will "In God We Trust" again. How can I make it better? What should I be doing that will aid society in this reversion to faith instead of facts? These are the things that weigh heavily upon my mind. 
    Thankfully I have a Father that I can go to when my heart gets too noisy. I know without prayer I would probably be completely off my rocker. I cannot handle things alone. I have to talk and plan and ask questions. Thank goodness that God has always listened to me!


(Thank you for reading my blog. Quite possibly the most random assortment of thoughts, rants, crafts and recipes on the internet.)




Comments

Popular Posts