Country Music Song

I often find myself thinking in terms of song lyrics, Facebook statuses, and tweets. It's like my brain has trained itself to come up with random thoughts that are less than 140 characters. I know this is due to my excessive use of social networking sites annnd my addiction to music, but it's not a terrible thing. My most recent post that I am unnecessarily proud of is: "I want a man that loves his guitar, truck, and Bible." I just feel like that should be in a country song somewhere mixed with some twangy vocals and an addictive melody.



If you talk to me longer than a minute or so, you'll find out I have a thing for music and guitars. And boys that can play these instruments. Listening to a cute one play makes my heart all fluttery and my face turn red. It's pretty embarrassing to be quite honest about the whole thing. I just can't help myself. Lord only knows what would happen if I ever had a song written for me...pass out? Probably. It's not a complete necessity that my boy play guitar, but it would earn him infinity plus one brownie points. I've always secretly prayed/hoped that God will send me one that likes to play guitar so we can sing together at church. How cheesy is that?? 












This whole truck thing is another way to earn brownie points. Aka not a "requirement" by any means, but still a dang good thing. I believe this obsession comes from my Campbell County country roots and the fact that every man in my family drives or has driven a big ol' Ford truck. My personal (and way too particular) favorite is Ford diesels. Yum. That being said, it doesn't have to be some brand new shiny expensive thing. Any truck beats nearly any type of car in my opinion (as well as quite a few other girls' I know). It's just a manly thing, and makes me think he'll be a country gentleman. The louder and higher the better. I sound like such a redneck...oh well.
Disclaimer: Rebel flag license plates, flags, stickers, etc. are not okay. 





Most important of all these, and definitely a requirement, is a man that loves his Bible. I've already learned that it is terribly hard to be in a relationship with someone that doesn't believe the same way as you do. I want to be able to go to church together, pray, and just talk religion. I don't want it to be a struggle. I hope God sends me a very staunch Christian man that makes me stronger in Him and is the leader and provider for our household. I promise to be his help meet, cook, clean, babies. All that good stuff. I just want him to be a true Godly man and I will try my best to be a Proverbs 31 woman.






Proverbs 31


10Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
 11The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
 12She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
28Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.


ps. I'm not looking to get married anytime soon. I've got school to worry about. These are just some things to think about for the future. 

Comments

  1. Hang in there, girl.
    I was 31 before my truck -drivin', Bible-totin', guitar...umm.. mandolin-playin' moustache man walked into my life. I know at your age that sounds like a long time to stay single, but he was worth the wait... *grin* *blush*
    (There is a country song in there somewheres...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula! I'm thinking we need to get started with those guitar lessons soon :) If all else fails, I'll just play for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts